Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Wins !


Lately our television had a break from telecasting the same old serial stuff, and telecasted only the the presedential debates, so many infomercials, primaries, and the campaigns, because of my husband.Finally, the democratic presidential nominee Barrack Obama succeeded against John Mccain. We both stayed up until Obama’s speech last night. In the first time of history , Obama sweeps the victory of being the first black president of UnitedStates. His speech was wonderful, impactful, and most of all hopeful. And so was Mccain's, although he lost, his final speech was really touching. Each and every word he spoke shows his maturity. Especially the lines
"Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that. It's natural, tonight, to feel some disappointment. But tomorrow, we must move beyond it and work together to get our country moving again. We fought as hard as we could. And though we feel short, THE FAILURE IS MINE AND NOT YOURS" I just couldnt control my tears for Mccain although im not in favour of any of them. This shows their unity.( Wish we Indians could borrow some)
Also I was blown away by footage of people celebrating all over the country and all over the world. I dont really mind who ever comes , but i sincerely wish they could do something good for the country. Good luck America & Obama.
Image courtesy : www.barackobama.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow , that was really a heart felt article.