- Good for feeding infants suffering from intestinal disturbances.
- Oral rehydration medium for various diseases such as diarrhoea.
- Contains organic compounds possessing growth promoting properties.
- Keeps the body cool and prevents dehydration.
- Application on the body prevents prickly heat and summer boils and subsides the rashes caused by small pox, chicken pox, measles, etc.
- Kills intestinal worms.
- Checks urinary infections and effective in the treatment of kidney and urethral stones.
- Excellent tonic for the old and sick.
- Cures malnourishment by meeting the energy requirements.
- It acts as a Diuretic balance your pH and reduce risk of cancer.
- It can be injected intravenously in emergency case.
- Found as blood plasma substitute because it is sterile, does not produce heat, does not destroy red blood cells and is readily accepted by the body.
- Aids the quick absorption of the drugs and makes their peak concentration in the blood easier by its electrolytic effect.
- Urinary antiseptic and eliminates poisons in case of mineral poisoning.
- Coconut helps detoxify and flush toxins out of the body and cleanses your digestive tract.
- Coconut heals hot flashes and restores emotional stability in menopausal women.
- Boosts immune system.
- It has more potassium and lesser sodium than any sports or energy drink .
- Coconut water contains high levels of lauric acid which is what is used by the body to make monolaurin -– a disease fighting fatty acid derivative. Lauric acid has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which protect the body against various infections and boosts the immune system.
Coconut water also helps relieve constipation, improves intestinal function and promotes digestive health -– it is often recommended to people suffering from acidity and ulcers.
Constipation, sluggish digestion and heartburn
are common problems during pregnancy and can be helped to some extent by drinking
coconut water. Thats the reason doctors recommend pregnant women to drink tender coconut water during pregnancy.
In the heat of summer when you are looking for something other than water to quench your thirst, you can have this nutritious and refreshing beverage instead of sugar and calorie laden aerated drinks and fruit juices. It is naturally sterile and so perfect for drinking while travelling without the fear of contamination.
Image Courtesy: Internet
Content Courtesy : Sanjana Dietician , Manipal Group of Hospitals , Mangalore, India.