Monday, April 12, 2010

Nostalgia

It is really nice to recall those wonderful moments which takes back to my good old days in chennai. When misfortunes stared at me at every step of my life, this city gave me the courage to face up the challenges.I love chennai for what it is.
Though singara chennai is my native place, i never had a chance to explore even half of it because of my conservative family. Like travelling in pallavan bus, shopping at T.nagar Ranaganathan street!, The beautifully cut strips of unriped mangoes that is sold in streets of tnagar or marina beach, peanut sundal!,etc etc :)
A sample picturesque beauty of the chennai life that i tried to capture during this trip:

Lady selling fruits :

Tnagar Usman Road busy street:

Street vendors selling real peacock feathers, beautifully tied :


Street toy shops:


Peanut sundal :
Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson: you find the present tense, but the past perfect! ~Owens Lee Pomeroy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures from Chennai. I am quite surprised that no one is giving you a 'look' with your D90 ;)

My favorites are pic#1 and pic#5 - it brings back good old memories.

Abi said...

Haha, i shot these pics using canon powershot 4.0 mp, very old one.

Kalpana Jeevan said...

hi abika.. Nice colorful pics. Seems you are having fun in the sun there :) .Convey my regards to Perimma and Perippa. Keep updating

Baladas Mp3 said...


My sweet friend, very nice and interesting you site.
When you want to take refuge in good ballads of yesterday, today and forever in all languages and genres I invite you to visit my blog and listen me.
From this Saturday August 13th I share new female singers U.S.
Ten romantic ballads in English.
I am a broadcaster of Argentina.
Best regards from Rosario-Argentina
Albert.